Saturday 17 November 2012

IRE Homework Task - Personal Influences - A dramatic art (film, play, TV)

I love watching all sorts of TV shows and Films. Although now I'm older, I'd say I enjoy films more than TV, but when I was younger, there were a lot of TV shows and cartoons I watched that have heavily influenced my personal taste.

Probably like most children, I adored cartoons when I was younger, and I still do now. I especially loved watching these cartoons first thing on a Saturday morning, as well as the occasional time when I was able to watch cartoons at my grandparents's houses, because they had Sky TV and our household didn't (even though neither of my Grandads were ever too happy about letting me watch cartoons at their house. They preferred to watch sport and other stuff.) I especially loved watching Japanese style anime cartoons when I was younger, such as Pokemon, Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh. I'd say these were my top 3 favourite cartoons growing up, and I remember buying loads of merchandise from each of these shows, such as plush toys, trading cards, action figures and DVDs. I also get excited today when I occasionally see old merchandise from these shows from when I was younger, because it brings back a feeling of nostalgia, as well as when I see old toys and other merchandise that I own when I occasionally look around the house. I also get excited today when I get the chance to watch these shows from when I was younger, and often try to find clips or even episodes of these shows on YouTube or on other websites. Other cartoons I used to love watching when growing up and still get excited about today include The Simpsons, Spongebob Squarepants, Fairly Odd Parents and Phineas and Ferb, and also own several DVDs of these shows and I also get excited when I see these shows on TV.

A lot of my favourite films happen to be films made by Disney. I love loads of animated classic Disney films that I watched when growing up such as Hercules, Tarzan, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc, Toy Story and the Lion King, and I find all of these so influential to me in so many ways, and have inspired the person I am today and what I like to do and also inspires my current interests today!

No comments:

Post a Comment