Saturday 17 November 2012

IRE Homework Task - Personal Influences - A Place

One of my favourite holidays ever was when I got the chance to go to Walt Disney World Resort in Florida with my family. Theme parks are one of my favourite genres of places to visit, and I must say my visits to the theme parks at Walt Disney World were easily the most excited I've ever been in a theme park. We were lucky enough to stay for a fortnight, and managed to visit all of the Disney World theme parks and water parks!

This holiday included some of the happiest and most precious memories I've ever had, including meeting several Disney characters such as Mickey Mouse, Frozone, and lesser known characters such as Lilo and Stitch, Kim Possible and Ron Stoppable, and Terk from Tarzan. I got my photos with all of them, and Terk gave a pretty huge hug! Frozone got me and my sister to do a superhero pose for our photo,

I also visited so many fun attractions, some of my favourites being Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Space Mountain, Test Track, the Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor and Big Thunder Mountain! These are not only some of my favourite rides and attractions at Walt Disney World, but some of my favourite rides and attractions in the whole wide world!

The parades, shows and firework displays are all so spectacular and breathtaking, and were easily some of the highlights of visiting the parks. The late evening Magic Kingdom, Epcot Illuminations and Fantasmic were all definitely the best and most magical firework displays I've ever seen and probably ever will see.

There was also so many awesome places to eat, and so many choices of restaurants, all with different varieties of food. My favourites were Planet Hollywood and Rainforest Cafe, they were both just so extravagant and spectacular inside, and the food in there was of a substantial quality. I'd say the only thing I didn't like about a lot of the restaurants at Walt Disney World was the fact that you had to make a reservation at most places, so it was hard to find a place just for a quick bite to eat. Thankfully, there were some decent places to eat that provided quick and easy food, such as Pizza Planet, which also had an amusement arcade in the restaurant!

The weather was also lovely for the time of year we went (March/April), brilliant weather for the theme parks! I also bought a special fan that squirted cool water because it was quite hot, and even got a bit sunburned in the water parks! Speaking of the water parks, both are so much fun. I loved the Lazy River and Wave Pool in Typhoon Lagoon, and the Family Waterslide at Blizzard Beach. One unfortunate thing that did happen at Blizzard Beach was that I cut my little toe, and because the water park is based on a beach setting, I got sand in the cut, so it was pretty painful. I had to be took to the medical room in the water park, who gave me a plaster for my toe and then had to buy some special shoes I could wear underwater that I still have and still fit me today, so I can use them whenever I want!

I also got to play a game that hadn't been released in Europe at the time, that I was really looking forward to, more than any other game I've ever wanted - Super Smash Bros. Brawl! So really, with all of this, it was easily one of the best holiday I've had in my life so far! I'd love to go again! I enjoyed it so much, and feel that it is such an inspirational place which makes so many people happy and so many people aspire to go to. I aspire to go again as many times as I can in my lifetime and to take my future children there on holiday as many times as they wish to.

No comments:

Post a Comment