Sunday 18 November 2012

IRE Homework Task - Personal Influences - A Work of dance

My sister, Becky, is probably one of the most influential people in my life, and her main life long passion is dancing. She has attended dance classes pretty much all her life and is currently on her 3rd year of study at her Performing Arts College, the Centre Performing Arts College (PAC)

I have seen her in numerous dances and productions she has featured in, and has always had significant roles in every production she features in. Whenever I see her perform I always feel so proud of her, like she's just performing for me, but I know the reason she performs is because she loves performing, and is very good at it too! She achieved the top 10 highest GCSE Performing Arts grades in her year, and she has performed in many different huge venues, such as Alton Towers and the Royal Albert Hall!

She has always been amazing when I've seen her perform, and I know she puts a lot of practice, effort and hard work in all of her performances. Some of the most memorable shows I have seen her perform in include several of the local pantomimes, when I was a lot younger, a local production of Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol (she played the Ghost of Christmas Present, and was very good at playing this character, as she could express her bubbly, fun, happy character through her role), the 2009 Alton Towers Scarefest, where she dressed up everyday as one of the three Trick or Treat witches, and the occasional zombie too - which also gave me an insight as to how zombie makeup works, especially on the teeth! I have also seen her in two productions she's performed in with The Centre PAC college, where she has had to learn and even choreograph dances and musical numbers. One short dance that she was in a main role that I can distinctly remember is a short performance called "Nursery Crimes," where she is reading a storybook full of nursery rhymes and children's characters who all seem happy and friendly at first, but soon become evil, which was really good.

She has also been working as a bluecoat in Pontins at Southport over this summer, which involved organising and taking part in activities with the children on holiday, dressing up as the different characters of the park, playing music for evening discos, bingo calling and putting on performances for the guests staying at the park. She really enjoyed this experience, and gained a lot of positive experience from working at Pontins, and also made a lot of friends from the other bluecoats and park guests.

She has done so well with her performing career so far and achieved so much, and I hope that I'll be able to do as well in my future profession, whatever that may be, as she has done with her performing.

No comments:

Post a Comment