Saturday 17 November 2012

IRE Homework Task - Personal Influences - A possession

I feel lucky in the fact that I have been able to experience owning many possessions, so it is really hard to just choose one.

I suppose I should look more at what I tend to enjoy doing in my spare time. I'd say I spend a lot of time on a computer of some sort, so a more recent possession I've acquired that I'd say influences me is my new Macbook Pro which I've only had for about a week now at the time of writing. That as well as the home computer. I can also be very creative on a computer, and also enjoy doing so, whether that be creating a 3D model in  Maya, creating posters or even pieces of writing/text. I also love browsing the internet, frequently visiting websites such as Facebook, to keep in touch with friends and see their thoughts and how they are doing with their lives and YouTube, to watch videos of interest, whether they be humorous, However, I wouldn't consider this to be a main influential possession.

I'd say that my main possessions that inspire me are some of the things that interest me most, video games, music and fashion. I do own a lot of clothes, and like to dress well, and can very independently choose my own personal style of fashion, and I do enjoy shopping for and choosing my own clothes but again, I wouldn't say my clothes wouldn't be my main influential possession.

I have always loved playing video games since I got my first ever games console one Christmas, a Game Boy Color, and since then I have owned many different games consoles, including a PS2, PS3, PSP, Nintendo DS, Nintendo Wii, and most recently, and possibly one of my favourite of all these consoles, my Nintendo 3DS. I do especially love Nintendo games, I love their bright, colourful worlds and characters, and have really enjoyed playing these games on the Nintendo consoles growing up. I'd say my favourite Nintendo games have been the Super Mario, Pokemon, and Super Smash Bros. games. I also especially love, probably even more than these games, the Sonic the Hedgehog and Kingdom Hearts games.

I have also always loved listening to music, and I feel that Apple's iPod Touch (I wish I had an iPhone, but they are so expensive) is a wonderful invention and I hardly ever leave the home without it. I love how I can have all my favourite songs with me at all times. I'd say my iPod Touch and my Nintendo 3DS are my most influential possessions, because I hardly ever leave he house without them.

No comments:

Post a Comment