Monday 12 November 2012

IRE Homework Task - Personal Influences - A Person

To be honest there have been a lot of people that have influenced me throughout my whole life, including the people who have helped me a lot as well as members of my family.

First of all there's my mum. Recently she has had to look after a lot of people from recovering from illnesses and operations, such as my nan, my mum's friend Pauline, and an elderly friend of the family. She has got to be one of the most kind, caring and selfless people I have ever met, and I always enjoy the time I spend with her.

I wouldn't say I looked up to dad, but he has helped me so much throughout my entire life, especially with helping me get through school and college so far. I honestly don't think I would have achieved nearly as much in my life if it wasn't for dad. He has also taught me a lot of valuable life skills, and I feel, although sometimes wrongly, I can talk to him about anything.

I'd say my sister, Becky, has been one of my biggest influences and role models throughout my whole life. We have loads of fun together, and I really cherish the memories I have of spending time with her. She is a very happy, bubbly and fun person to be around who can really cheer me up when I see her. She has often helped me when I'm feeling down and we do get on extremely well most of the time, even though she can be moody sometimes.

 I am also very proud of what she has achieved in her life, she is an excellent performing arts student and has had many performing jobs, such as being part of 2009's Alton Towers Scarefest and performing with her performing arts college at the Royal Albert Hall! This proves a huge ambition in her, which will help her to achieve even more huge things in the future.

Another person I'd say I look up to, and although I've always worried that this may sound a bit cheesy and inappropriate, but one of the lecturers at college, Mark. I just remember when I started college how welcome and at ease he made me feel at college and how friendly he was towards all the students, including myself. I also like how he seemed to get on well with EVERYONE and had a great sense of humour, but still had time for the students and would listen to any worries they might have had and would always reassure them. I actually found myself feeling that there were a lot of qualities in his personality I wished I had myself!


No comments:

Post a Comment