Wednesday 24 October 2012

RLJ 23/10/12

Today at college we had to show our PowerPoint presentations to the class, which I worked on last night to perfect it as much as possible before today. I did complete it the weekend before last, but there was a lot of text on some of my slides before today, so I had to narrow it down a bit before I presented my presentation to the class. Each student was given a specific different art form or movement to study and make a PowerPoint presentation which should last for around 4-5 minutes each, so that all the students can present something.

My presentation was about Op Art, an art movement which was in force around the mid 20th Century that experimented with making optical illusions in art. I did find researching Op Art very fascinating, and genuinely interesting, which is what I was initially worried about when I was given Op Art to research.

I was 3rd to present my presentation on Op Art, which I feel went reasonably well, especially considering I find it quite difficult to present things in front of people and talk about them for a specific amount of time. My presentation included a brief introduction to what Op Art is, about the history of Op Art and the Op Art movement, some of the most influential Op Artists, such as Victor Vasarely and Bridget Riley, and some pieces of Op Art I personally like, especially one that links to a website where you can create music with Op Art!

I was very pleasantly surprised with how supportive all the other students in the class were towards each other, because the class applauded after every presentation, including mine, despite the fact I nearly forgot to eject my memory stick from the hard drive! I was also glad that I managed to finally learn everybody's names, apart from the New Media students, which I have already learned the names of.

Websites I used for research for my PowerPoint presentation on Op Art include:



No comments:

Post a Comment