Thursday 25 October 2012

24/10/12

kjbvh`ksv kzndbvkzlmsdvjzkdlfvzkdf,nvbzhkdf,gbahierjgnaijelnrgbaiejrbgaiuoernv waifvuwirth

svfjfsjlfv (which translates to I AM REALLY TIRED AND I WISH IT WAS HALF TERM!)

Today and tomorrow we will have to finish off any work we feel like we need improving on. I started by trying to open the previous save files for my Penguin Pool project, because today I WANTED to rig and animate my penguin. However, the texturing of the penguin I had done at home in the week, which I used the unwrapping technique for, a technique that I learned on my previous course, had gone all funny when I opened the unwrapped penguin file at college. The unwrap of the penguin had gone all over the place, so this freaked me out a little, and this made me feel like it was unsafe to start rigging and animating so I left it.



My penguin UV Mapping


What my textured penguin looked like BEFORE I brought it to college.


What my textured penguin looked like when I brought it to college. I've had this problem before, so it didn't shock me as much as it has before.

Instead, I continued on texturing my enclosure, using the lovely ice textures I found in my spare time. I eventually managed to finish texturing the enclosure by the end of the morning, however, texturing the enclosure was more frustrating than I thought it would be, because after a certain point with my texturing (after combining the slide with the rest of the model) some of the textures just kept on disappearing when I went to Planar map the textures. I did manage to complete the texturing though, so I managed to get through it all.



I then had a bit of spare time in the morning, so I just did a little bit of spare 3D practice, so I thought it would be good to model SPONGEBOB!! I didn't get terribly too far with it though, but I felt it was good practice of the extrude and edge loop tools in Maya.




After lunch, Neil gave me some feedback for my blog, saying that I needed to put more references to research and talk more about things that inspire me to do with the course. He also said that it does get a little bit too personal in some areas for a college journal, and said that there was one point, which to be honest I couldn't remember typing up at all, that I mentioned what I had for lunch! Other than this, I don't think he had too many problems with my RLJ, and I think that if I put in more references in my journal and talk about my influences outside of college, it will improve my journal writing greatly and hopefully improve my grade.

This afternoon I also started to create a PowerPoint presentation on this module, Understanding New Media, which will include all the little projects I have done in this module, what I have learned from this module and also about the project I think I was most successful in, which in my case, is the Penguin Pool. I finished the PowerPoint this evening, ready to present for tomorrow, which I feel really pleased with and I feel that it will explain well what I have been doing over the past 6 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment